ruptime and rwho

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri Apr 19 03:49:28 AEST 1991

When I telnet into nstar.rn.com
from the machine ash.rn.com running NCSA Telnet
I don't get listed under the ruptime or rwho (when executed on
nstar.rn.com) as being
on ash.rn.com --

also, I can't telnet or ftp from remote machines through
our slip connection (running gated) to machines on the other
end of the slip link --

currently, we are set up with a slip connection between
     nstar10 and towers10

with nstar10 aliased as nstar and towers10 alased as towers

there are assorted machines connected via coax to machines on
both ends (towers and nstar)

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator