Installing perl 4.0/03 on SCO UNIX 3.2.2

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at jpradley.jpr.com
Mon Apr 22 08:07:46 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr17.001546.22116 at logixwi.uucp> jpm at logixwi.uucp (Jan-Piet Mens) writes:
>	I need some help on installing Perl 4.0 patchlevel 3 on
>	SCO UNIX 3.2.2.
>	The product is compiled ok, without any errors, but dumps
>	core on several of the tests, including `installperl' :-).
>
>	Can any kind soul help me ? Perhaps with a config.sh ?
>	or some advice on what to do ?
>
>	I've tried `cc -DCRIPLLED_CC' without any improvements.

JP, from another JP,

It was a struggle, but I finally got perl 4.003 to work.
At first, I was failing 14 tests.

I had heard that the shared libraries in SCO 3.2.2 had bugs.
So that was the main trick, taking libc_s OUT of the searched libraries.

Then a problem developed with crypt. I have installed the SLS upgrade 255b.
I added to the (objs) for both perl and tperl the file /usr/lib/libcrypt_d.a.

I just jumped up and poured myself an extra cocktail after I ran 'make test'
and saw no errors!
--

   Jean-Pierre Radley   Unix in NYC   jpr at jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341

   Jean-Pierre Radley   Unix in NYC   jpr at jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341