FAS on ESIX

Roland van Hout hot at integow.uucp
Mon Apr 29 19:15:01 AEST 1991

Hello world,

Since about 3 weeks I'm running Esix V.3.2 Rev D., because I have
a T1000 modem I immediatly put fas208 on the system, installed it
linked the kernel and everything seemed fine.
The last 10 days I took a closer look at the modem performance and
noticed that the speed that used to be between 600-900 cps dropped
down to 300-450 cps. The communication also makes very long pauses
between the uucp spoofing, just like under Interactive without the fas
and 16550's.
Before I used Interactive with the fas208, my card contains 3 ports
and 3 16550's, Interrupts all set the same as for Interactive, the
driver is configured as under ix, port 0 is set to NOFIFO because I
use a mouse.
Is this some kernel priority that has to be changed, or did I foul
it up when I installed it, or what?

Any ideas

Roland
hot at integow.uucp

--
UUCP: ..!uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!integow!hot	or  hot at integow.UUCP
Roland van Hout, Sr. software engineer, Integrity software consultants,