DBM/ LQ-Text question

John G. DeArmond jgd at Dixie.Com
Tue Apr 2 17:43:59 AEST 1991

I'm trying to get the LQ-Text package that was recently posted to one
of the source groups working.  This is a slick text indexing package
that will be really neat when I get a dbm that works.  The author,
who I've been unable to reach via email (Liam Quin, I believe) states
that either Gnu DBM or the berkeley DBM distributed with the package
works.  Neither do.  GDBM coredumps and the dBM that came with the
package had not been ported to SysV.  I ported it to SysV (read: I
got it to compile without error. :-) and it sorta worked except that
it tries to seek off the end of the index file.

I don't know anything about dBM and don't have time to learn right now
so I'm looking for a DBM known to work under ISC 2.2.  An FTP site
would be fine as would email.  I'd also be interested in talking with
anyone who has this package working under ISC.

Thanks in advance.
John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  Home of the Nidgets (tm)