Is this a reasonable platform for SCO Unix?

Peter Yeung py at meadow.uucp
Sat Apr 27 05:58:45 AEST 1991

In article <CHAS.91Apr24095031 at stax.uchicago.edu> chas at stax.uchicago.edu (Charles Blair) writes:

>Admittedly, the machine has only 4 MB memory (we'll install more, but
>the dealer said 4 MB was sufficient if we didn't push it). However, I

I think you definitely need more than 4Meg especially if you are running
ODT. I just can't see why your dealer suggested only 4 Meg. By the way, it was
only CDN$260 for 4 Megs if SIMMS the last time I looked at it. I would say
8 Meg is a minimum for running anything with X Windows (we have 16Meg in
the boxes running ODT).

--
Peter Yeung     Amdahl Canada Ltd., Software Development Center
                2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300