wanted: UNIX or clone

Rick Kelly rmk at rmkhome.UUCP
Wed Apr 24 08:00:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr21.222710.410 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>In article <9104182040.41 at rmkhome.UUCP> rmk at rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) writes:
>>
>>Well, there will be 386 box in my forseeable future.  I will not want to run
>>a 286 protected mode kernel on a 32 bit machine.  If the Coherent 32 bit VM
>>kernel is available at that point, I will probably go for it.  Otherwise, I
>>would probably use ISC, since I have had a fair amount of experience with
>>their package.
>>

>(donning flame-retardent suit, I can see the flame throwers being aimed
>already :-)
>
>Rick -- Considering the similarities between ISC and ESIX -- would you
>really spend the extra money for ISC?  This is a home system, right?

You do have a point there.  ESIX has the price advantage.  And I don't really
want to pay much over $1000 for UNIX.  I would probably look at ESIX before
I put my money on the table.  I just happen to have a fair amount of
experience with ISC, and none with ESIX.

Rick Kelly	rmk at rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk at frog.UUCP