Using MS-DOS with the UNIX* system ?

jad at nyama.UUCP jad at nyama.UUCP
Tue Apr 30 05:24:56 AEST 1991

In <1991Apr26.042805.26981 at chinet.chi.il.us>, les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
>In article <1991Apr25.173734.16964 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>
>>what is buggy about VP/ix?  We have the latest release here, and to
>>date everything we have tried with it worked just fine.
>
>Can you finally run Wordperfect 5.0/5.1 with all the files on the
>unix file system?

As far as I understand this is not a bug, it's a feature of Wordperfect.
If you run the network version of Wordperfect, and you install it as a
network, then it will work.  Wordperfect tries to be very smart and if
it sees a non-local dos drive (ie. unix fs) it just dumps on you...

--
Jose Dias		jad at nyama.UUCP		 Who me? I didn't say anything!