ESIX 4.0

Chin Fang fangchin at elaine54.Stanford.EDU
Thu Apr 25 14:07:49 AEST 1991

In article <R-YARL7 at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <1991Apr20.020616.25392 at jwt.UUCP> john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>> Another ESIX dealer posted here that Motif is *not* included in SVR4,
>> and that it is a $325 option.  Has this changed?
>
>Who cares? Motif and Open Look both are just marketing gimmicks.

I happen work on setting up OpenWindow(R) for our SPARC stations lately.
Honestly, if you are "speed craving" then I would guess you will "hate"
Open Look even more.  Man, this thing is slow loading and so Mac-looking
I was shocked!  Even a SPARC 2 can't help much and we are talking about
serious MIPS available already!

A plain X + twm is fine enough to me.  Lean and mean <- key!

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department
Stanford University
fangchin at leland.stanford.edu