out of swap space??

Michael Stefanik mike at bria.UUCP
Sun Apr 28 19:47:30 AEST 1991

In an article, phillip at BARTAL.COM (Phillip M. Vogel) writes:
>Make your swap space AT LEAST as large as you ever expect your
>ram to get.

Actually, I would take this number and double it.  I wouldn't think
about configuring our smallest machines with less than 8M of swap.
Take your physical memory, at half that again, and then double the
whole thing.  That means that an 8M system would have 24M of swap.
You won't go wrong when you bump up your core (which, with only 8M,
hopefully will be done shortly :-)

Remember, a machine with less than 16 is too damn lean!
--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike