The swich with dailight savings time

Ronald van der Pol rvdp at cs.vu.nl
Fri Apr 12 00:58:16 AEST 1991

news at rushpc (Usenet news administrator) writes:

>While we're on the subject, I was just curious, how do non-American sites
>handle Daylight Savings time?  You're not subject to the whims of our
>Congress.  Do you use Daylight savings time?  Is there a brand of UNIX
>that is cognizant of your laws or do you just live with it?

Most European countries switch to DST in the night saterday/sunday at
02.00 on the last week of march and switch back saterday/sunday 02.00
on the last week of september (except England/Ireland?).

Have a look at a real computer and OS :-) like SunOS
(/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo/europe) and probably most workstations.

--
	Ronald van der Pol	rvdp at cs.vu.nl	SunOS 4.1.1  :-) :-)
				rvdp at sow.econ.vu.nl  SCO 3.2.2  :-( :-(

--