malloc() problem solved(?)

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Apr 11 22:23:05 AEST 1991

john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:

>In article <70183 at eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> jones at acsu.buffalo.edu (terry a jones) writes:
>>	Or put another way, make sure that your interrupt level code never
>>calls routines that are not re-entrant

>Is it documented anywhere which system calls are reentrant?  I seem to
>recall a thread in another newsgroup about what you can safely to do in
>a signal handler, and some people were saying "nothing other than
>modifying a global flag and calling signal() to reset the handler."

You can do other things.  But you must ensure that the code you are
executing is

		1) re-entrant

or

		2) it is code that is not normally executed by the rest
		   of your program and you lock out other interrupts while
		   running it.

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170