UPS daemon

Pascal Gosselin pascal at CAM.ORG
Wed Apr 3 16:17:37 AEST 1991

art at pilikia.pegasus.com (Art Neilson) writes:

>I recently purchased an American Power Conversion SmartUPS 600 and I also
>got the PowerChute UPS monitor software with it.  I don't particularly
>care for the software, it doesn't come with source and it does some things
>I don't like.  Does anyone have source for a UPS shutdown daemon ?
>--
>Arthur W. Neilson III		| INET: art at pilikia.pegasus.com
>Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pilikia!art

A friend of mine wrote a UPS daemon that works through the joystick port
(we couldn't spare the extra serial port!).  It works great (has been
running for over 3 months now, with many power failures) and waits for
the battery low state to actually perform a shutdown.  Other features
also disable logins (with custom login program), stop CRON, etc...

If you are interested, email me.  I might convince him to release the
source to alt.sources or something....  The cable is very simple, I made
it to interface to our American Power Conversion 520ES.