Logitech mouse compatibility ?

Wu Liu wul at sco.COM
Thu Apr 11 17:05:47 AEST 1991

/--dp at chorus.fr said...
| Hi,
|
| I would like to know if Logitech serial mouse C9 are supposed to be
| fully compatible with the old C7 ones.
|
| 	Thanks in advance for your response.
\--

No, it's not.  The C7 supports more modes than the C9 does.  It appears
that Logitech removed some modes that weren't used very much from the
C9 version.  This bit the SCO event driver, since the default under SCO
Unix 3.2.0 and Open Desktop 1.0 for Logitech serial mice was a mode that
the C9 doesn't support.  This has been changed in the current Unix 3.2v2
and Open Desktop 1.1 products, and there is a simple patch to get a C9
to work with the older Unix 3.2.0 and Open Desktop 1.0.