PEMM.sys EMS.sys in VP/IX under ISC UNIX 2.2

Jose Dias jad at nyama.uucp
Sat Apr 20 07:59:23 AEST 1991

Hi there!

I have a bit of a problem with VP/IX under ISC UNIX 2.2.  But first a
little backgroud.  I have a 25mhz 386 with 8 meg ram of which 4 meg is
free at any one time (except when comp.mail.maps comes around, but that's
another story :-)  I run vpix to support a few dos users, one of which
needs Word Perfect and I want to give this user some extra memory.
The problem is that if I use ems.sys for expanded memory managed then
I get no extra memory available but the driver loads.  If I use pemm.sys
then I get the default 1 meg memory as expanded memory, but that's not
quite enough.  My real problem is that the manual has little or no
discription about these device drivers.  What I need to know is what
options are available to each of them and more to the point: how
can I request 2 meg for expanded memory?

Thanks a million...
--
Jose Dias		jad at nyama.UUCP		 Who me? I didn't say anything!