Support of an LK250 (DEC) keyboard under ISC/ESIX/???

Daniel A. Glasser dag at gorgon.uucp
Tue Apr 30 21:49:34 AEST 1991

I have just obtained a used DEC LK250 keyboard.  For those who have not
delt with these beasts, it is effectively a DEC LK201 with an AT compatible
interface and powers up behaving much like a normal 101 key keyboard with
a few exceptions (FN keys 11 through 20 send SHIFT-F(n-10)).  It can also be
put in its native mode where the function keys behave differently and some
other control is possible (I believe).

I would like to know if anyone has hacked support for this keyboard for
either the console driver, /dev/kd (or whatever it's called in your neck
of the woods) or at least an X-11 server.  I'd even settle for a simple
programming example which showed what command to use to turn off the
keyclick on the ALT key.

I know how to program the LK201, and have written support for that keyboard
for another environment, but I lack any technical documentation on the LK250.
If anyone can provide some information as to what documentation I should order
from DEC, or if anyone has an extra copy of LK250 documentation laying around,
please let me know.

Sorry about the incoherency of this posting, but it's too early for me
to be posting anyway.  Thanks in advance...

					Daniel A. Glasser
					dag at persoft.com
					dag%gorgon at persoft.com
					...!uwvax!persoft!gorgon!dag

--
Daniel A. Glasser                       One of those things that goes
dag%gorgon at persoft.com                  "BUMP! (ouch!)" in the night.