Can't get X386 to Work

Terry Mitchem mitchemt at silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Sun Apr 7 09:54:57 AEST 1991

	I am having some trouble with Roell's X386 server. I am trying to
run it under ISC 2.0.2 with streams installed. When I try to start it up I
get:

  Creating TCP Socket: No such file or directory
  InitOutput(pScreenInfo=0x40ae04,argc=2,argv=0x7fffff38)
  X386VTInit()
  VgaScreenInit(index=0,pScreen=0x42d400,argc=2,argv=0x7fffff38)
  bus error (core dumped)

Somewhere during the above, the screen clears briefly and then comes back. I
never get any graphics or such. I'm sorry if this is an exceedingly simple
question. Maybe we need a FAQ posting for X386 (hint hint).  I believe I have
Xconfig set up right. I only ftp'd the binaries as I don't have enough disk
space to build it from scratch.
				Thanks in advance,
					Terry