Current Run-Level: How can you tell?

Daniel A. Graifer dag at fciva.FRANKCAP.COM
Thu Apr 25 00:02:35 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr23.024433.10460 at srwic.UUCP> sralston at srwic.UUCP (Steve Ralston) writes:
>Sorry as I'm sure this is a FAQ or RTFM question, but, I've looked quite
>a few places and can't find a way to tell what the current run level of
>a Unix system is (i.e. "init" level).

It may depend on your version of unix, but in my port of SysV 3.1.2
"who -r" reports various things about init including the current run
level.  Many of the vendor supplied rc2.d init files use this to make
sure certain things do/don't happen during transition from one state
to another.

I don't know how you would do it from 'c'.

Dan
--
Daniel A. Graifer			Coastal Capital Funding Corp.
Sr. Vice President, Financial Systems	7900 Westpark Dr. Suite A-130
uunet!fciva!dag				fciva.FRANKCAP.COM!dag at uunet.uu.net