SCO ODT rebooting during installation

Tim Wright tim at dell.co.uk
Fri Apr 5 20:41:38 AEST 1991

This is a help plea. We have a user who is trying to install SCO ODT 1.0 on
a Dell System 325D. The kernel gets as fas as saying 'G12', then reboots.
I'm given to understand that phase 'G' is concerned with setting up interrupt
handlers and hence this is interrupt 12. The newer Dell Systems have a
PS/2-style mouse (part of the keyboard controller), which uses interrupt 12.
Is it possible that ODT is detecting this and erroneously assuming that it
is on a PS/2 ??? Is there a fix/should they get ODT 1.1 ?

Tim

Tim Wright, Dell Computer Corp., Bracknell    |  Domain: tim at dell.co.uk
Berkshire, UK, RG12 1RW. Tel: +44-344-860456  |  Uucp: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast - Red Dwarf