X386 and UNIXCONN

News Administrator news at brian386.uucp
Mon Apr 8 12:28:56 AEST 1991

Okay, I have a problem here.  I am sure someone has the fix, (actually I may
but I want the "official" version).  When I configure X386 1.1a on my
machine (ISC v2.2.1), I cannot compile XConnDis.c.  The problem is that
"MakeUNIXSocketConnection" is not defined.  A really interesting series of
#ifdef's are followed, and if LOCALCONN is defined, it attempts to use both
LOCAL and UNIX connection facilities, (or which ever succeeds I think).
I tried adding an extra "#ifdef UNIXCONN" around the line where it attempts
the MakeUNIXSocketConnection, and it compiles and runs, but is this the "right"
thing to do??

	thanks for any advice,
	brian