ST01 driver for 386 unixes

Roland van Hout hot at integow.uucp
Mon Apr 29 19:27:22 AEST 1991

A while ago several versions of a driver were posted here
for the Seagate st01/st02 SCSI adapter card, originally from
a mr. Grenier if I'm not mistaken.
I saved 2 releases of them. Last week somebody gave me such
a st01 beast as a present, and a college of mine wanted to try
his SCSI WREN V (702 Mb unformatted) on this interface.
Since the WREN nowadays also says Seagate, and the driver files
were easily installed we thought it would work in a few minutes.
Also in the files for the driver the were a few references to
ESIX Rev D and it sounded like there were no problems.
When the bios was installed the WREN was recognized by the st01.
After we relinked our kernel it looked like  it died on bootup,
but after a few minutes the startup screen was displayed,
with 5 scsi error messages "sending reset to scsi bus" or something
similar.
After you booted up and tried to access the scsi devices, the whole
system seems to hang!
Is there anyone who has this st01 up and running under Esix or Interactive,
how old/new are the sources? Did you have to make patches to the original?
The ROM BIOS has a version 3.2 and the st01 manual was talking about revision
2.2 or something. The interrupt we use is IRQ 5, memory adress is default,
but no BIOS installed! And also the 0WS jumper installed.
We are running on a 25 Mhz 386 no cache , but the board can be
reconfigured in it's CHIPS-set, like the NEAT at-boards, but we use the
default normally, but also tried settings with waitstates, io command
cycle delays etc. etc. etc.

Thanx
Roland
hot at integow.uucp

--
UUCP: ..!uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!integow!hot	or  hot at integow.UUCP
Roland van Hout, Sr. software engineer, Integrity software consultants,