Help with X386?? (Please!!!)

geoff at vax1.mankato.msus.edu geoff at vax1.mankato.msus.edu
Wed Apr 10 11:58:45 AEST 1991

I need help compiling the X-server for Roell's X-server
can anyone tell me where I change the paths for the include files?

What has to be done first..  Can you give me a step by step setup
for compiling and installing this thing..  I am very anxious to get it
running.

I have:

	ISC 386/ix ver 2.2.1 with full development system and streams
	  installed.  no ethernet card or TCP/IP software..

	gcc
	the X-core installed in the default dirs(where it was untarred to)
	    X-fonts installed

	the version of the server is X1.1a server

I would like to get up and running:

	X-windows on a 386 - 25 MHZ
	I have an ATI card with 512k

would like to get the server running in at least 800x600x256 mode
	but would settle for 640x480x256 temporarly,..

Please send me direct E-Mail as I don't get to read news very often..

Thanks for the HELP in advance..

Geoff

ps: i am fairly knowlegable as far as systems programming..  things like
rebuilding the kernel are no problem..

  **				Geoff Kuchera
*   *
*     			     A-427 Crawford Hall
*  ** **    **		      Mankato, MN 56001
  **   *  *		       (507) 389-1691
       ***
       *   *
      **    **	    Internet: Geoff at Vax1.Mankato.MSUS.EDU
			      geoff at att1.mankato.msus.edu