UUCP connection for Esix

Martin J. Schedlbauer mschedlb at hawk.ulowell.edu
Sun Jan 6 06:25:19 AEST 1991

>mschedlb at hawk.ulowell.edu (Martin J. Schedlbauer) writes:
>
>>Any comments or suggestions are very much appreciated. Would anyone mind
>>sharing their Dialers, Devices, Systems setup for a typical dial-up UUCP
>>feeder?

Many thanks to all who replied. Here's my story. I was able to set up
UUCP to Wang in Lowell, MA (thanks to Tom). The reason why my modem (a
hayes Smartmodem 9600 V.42) would not receive anything was that it
thought it connected with MNP-5 while the other modem was plain V.22
2400 baud. Including the &Q0 Hayes command to force async communication
solved the problem.

It also seems to be the case that Esix has no real need for FAS as long
as I have 16550 UARTS (not WD kind :). Since I'm communicating at 2400
baud only for now that's not a problem anymore.

	Thanks again,
	...Martin

Martin Schedlbauer				(mschedlb at ulowell.edu)
Institute for Visualization and Perception Research
Department of Computer Science
University of Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854		(Tel: (508) 934-3612)