ISC 2.0.2 and FAS 2.07...

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Mon Jan 14 13:30:26 AEST 1991

jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:

>I've encountered the problem of the FAS driver working on the Unix side, but
>going into VP/ix makes the VP/ix session lock up.  Any ideas?

There are two problems with FAS and VP/ix. The first is that whenever there
are characters with framing or parity errors read in from the tty device
VP/ix may lock up. This is fixed in FAS 2.08 (to be released this month).

The second problem is that a level change of a modem status input line
tends to lock up VP/ix as well, at least until you send out a character
to the port. This restarts the stalled input character flow. This is
due to an error in VP/ix 1.01.01. I don't know whether this is fixed
in later releases.

     Uwe
Uwe Doering  |  INET : gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Germany      |  UUCP : ...!unido!fub!geminix.in-berlin.de!gemini