Missing C library functions in INTERACTIVE 386/ix 2.0.2?

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Wed Jan 9 01:37:33 AEST 1991

According to ggw%wolves at cs.duke.edu (Gregory G. Woodbury):
>	The best solution I have found was to use that ar command to
>extract the two object modules concerned, regex.o and regcmp.o, from the
>libPW archive and make another archive /usr/lib/libregex.a to hold them.

This procedure is also useful for the routines in /lib/libx.a (the
Xenix library).  Libx includes a version of opendir/readdir/closedir
incompatible with the standard C library and <dirent.h>.  However, I
want to use chsize(), nap() and rdchk().  So extracted those objects,
put them in /u/local/lib/libxenix.a, and link with -lxenix.  Presto.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
       "If Usenet exists, then what is its mailing address?"  -- me