g++ and libg++ on SCO Opendesktop

Michael Bloom mb at ttidca.TTI.COM
Thu Jan 3 07:37:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan01.111531.15463 at trevan.uucp> trevor at trevan.uucp writes:

>When g++ has compiled the tests test0 core dumps. I would like to

Test0 tries to perform incremental loading, using a feature of the
berkeley loader that is not present on system 5 systems.  If I get the
time, I might include a front end to ld that performs this relatively
trivial task in a future version of the coff set. Then again, with
some recent developments, that may turn out not to be necessary.

>With the coff patches gcc works well with gas. I have tried g++
>with and without using the ifile.
>Make_ifile assums a value of 0x400000 if NBPS is not defined. Is this
>correct for SCO.

I've been told that this value works for all 386 based system V systems.

On a separate matter, One thing you should take care to be certain
of is that libg++ contains the version of gnulib3 that is patched in
the g++ directory and that it is compiled with -DUSE_GPLUS_IFILE.

Not including an extra copy of the patch for use in the libg++
directory was an oversight on my part that has tripped up a number of
people (although some had it figured out by the time my email reply
had reached them). The change in the patched version is necessary in
order for the global constructors and destructors to get called.