Unix Support or lack thereof (Re: '386 Unix Wars)

Mark A. Emanuele emanuele at overlf.UUCP
Wed Jan 2 03:58:45 AEST 1991

In article <5568 at rsiatl.Dixie.Com>, jgd at Dixie.Com (John G. DeArmond) writes:
> AT&T        You gotta be kidding on non-AT&T hardware.  "AT&T support" is also
> 			an oxymoron.

You're right about it on non ATT hardware. However, I STRONGLY disagree with
you on the support. I had a problem with a unix system a few months ago.
I called the support line at 11:30 PM. Not only did someone answer the phone,
but they got me a support engineer who in turn got his DISTRICT MANAGER on
the line. They stayed on the line with me for 4.5 hours until the problem
was fixed. NOW I CALL     T H A T     S U P P O R T !!!!!!.

Now I admit we DID pay for a 24 Hr. 365 Day service contract. But as the saying
goes, You get what you pay for.

--
Mark A. Emanuele
V.P. Engineering  Overleaf, Inc.