logitech bus mouse problems: a solution

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Mon Jan 7 11:52:59 AEST 1991

mike at vort.uucp (Mike Nemeth) writes:

> [ a report about FAS 2.07 and a Logitech bus mouse on IRQ3 not
>   working together ]

This sounds to me like a classical interrupt conflict. Are you sure
you configured both `s_fas' _and_ `space.c' for only one port (COM1)?

I think that `s_fas' is set up properly because the kernel config
program doesn't complain, but that in `space.c' there still might be
two ports configured. FAS would then enable COM2, too, and would
therefor block the IRQ3 line. This would result in the problems you've
experienced.

If my assumption is right you simply need to set the number of
ports in `space.c' to `1' (`NUM_PHYSICAL_UNITS') and reduce all the
initializer parts of the arrays indexed by `NUM_PHYSICAL_UNITS' to only
one member.

Please tell us if you could (really) fix the problem.

      Uwe
Uwe Doering  |  INET : gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Germany      |  UUCP : ...!unido!fub!geminix.in-berlin.de!gemini