ESIX compress(1) broken (was: Re: Using Interactive TPWB...)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Thu Jan 10 05:17:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan8.222044.9602 at unixland.uucp> Bill Heiser writes:
>I just threw the Esix 'compress' in the dumper and installed another
>"working" compress in its place.  So far, so good...

That's the best thing to do.  Just remember to replace it if you upgrade
the system or reload the OS for any reason.  I have been bitten by this
a few times.

BTW - HEY EVEREX!!! How about tossing your current version of compress and
using the one from the net?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   There's no government