Unix Support or lack thereof (Re: '386 Unix Wars)

Steve Ward stevewa at upvax.UUCP
Tue Jan 1 09:03:01 AEST 1991

In article <5553 at rsiatl.Dixie.Com> jgd at Dixie.Com (John G. DeArmond) writes:
>(A word to anyone from Kodak - Hey guys, how about taking a look at this
>little company and injecting some of the quality I've come to know in
>your film and chemicals?  Do us all a favor and kick some ass.)

I agree.  My Fiance has a Diconix printer (also a Kodak division), and when
we got Windows 3.0 for her machine it wasn't directly supported.  A phone
call to the support number not only got me intelligent help getting the
printer up and running on a temporary basis, but it also got me on the
list for a drivers disk that included a new Win3 driver as well as drivers
for a number of other programs, FREE.

Granted, that was only one diskette, but the fact that they handled the
problem so competently indicates to me that it should be possible for
ISC to do the same.

>From what we've seen here, I think it safe to say ISC is currently not up
to Kodak's standard, support-wise.  Hopefully something will be done to
change that sooner or later...

Steve
--
| Steve Ward Jr. appears courtesy of       |            stevewa at upvax.UUCP    |
| Univ. of Portland, Portland, OR          |         !tektronix!upvax!stevewa |