MMDF lock directory (was Re: '386 Unix Wars)

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Fri Jan 11 13:56:46 AEST 1991

As quoted from <1991Jan07.204046.3668 at sco.COM> by david at sco.COM (David J. Fiander):
+---------------
| In article <1991Jan4.032920.13524 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:
| Brandon, in the introduction to the section on runtime tailoring of MMDF in the
| paper "Installing and Operating MMDF II" (which I know you have, since you have
| told others where to get it), it mentions that strings which are not simply
| alpha-numeric should be quoted.  If you do this it will quite successfully read
+---------------

Evidently I saw it and forgot it... your message does recall to memory
something about that.  Not that it makes a lot of sense to me that it would
not catch that in "checkup", nor do any other kind of complaining (i.e. print
a syntax error message).

I also seem to have left that manual at the office, and the computer is out in
the field.  I plan to correct that tomorrow when I go in to the office....
(duh!  I can be real brilliant when I try.  ;-)

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN