Unix and Multiport questions

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Mon Jan 21 04:39:15 AEST 1991

jim at ferkel.ucsb.edu (Jim Lick) writes:

>Unix-
>	Intel's SVR4.0 Complete package.  It offers a complete system with
>	all the bonus goodies (TCP/IP, DevSys, NFS, X, etc.) built in.  I
>	can get a complete unlimited user system for $1569 from Programmer's

The price keeps going up - we paid $1349 3 months ago.  -

Intel's product is full of bugs - and they enclose a note saying so.
We never got the Adaptec 1542 boot disk to boot on a 1542 - but
did get it to boot on a bustek.  With IP installed, the kernel will
core dump every of couple of hours.  UUCP file limits of 2 megabytes.
Lot of little hidden problems - I would suggest Dell over Intel.

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0282 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator