i386DX, help needed

David D. Kessner dkessner at isis.cs.du.edu
Mon Jan 21 21:28:05 AEST 1991

In article <JACMA.91Jan20214300 at massormetrix.IDA.LiU.SE> jacma at IDA.LiU.SE (Jacek Malec) writes:
>However, one particular question seems to have received contradictory
>answers. Some answers claim that "sigma-sigma" (or other) sign has
>been used only up till 20MHZ version and should not appear on faster
>processors.  Other people claim that they have it on their 33MHz chip!

I have a 386/25 that is about a year  old, it has the Sigma-Sigma sign on it.
I have also looked at several brand-new 386/25's that does not have this sign.
I have not looked closely at our 386/33.

There is a program called Check-It (offhand, I forgot who makes it.  It is not
PD or shareware).  This diag program will check a 386 CPU for the 'pre-sigma-
sigma' bug.

I was under the impression that the 'pre-sigma-sigma' bug was fixed before the
33mhz part was out.  Or even before the 25mhz.  But I have no REAL information
to back this up.

David Kessner			kessner!david at csn.org