Question about PCI and Pocket Lan Adaptors

David A. Gilmour dag at esleng.uucp
Sat Jan 5 04:56:52 AEST 1991

We are running PC Interface here and we have a couple of laptops
that we would like to run PCI on as well.  The laptops don't have
the capacity to install an internal ethernet adaptor card, so we're
looking at using external "pocket" ethernet adaptors, connected to
the parallel port.

However, from what people are telling me there currently are no pocket
ethernet adaptors available that have drivers that support PCI.

Is this really true?