'386 Unix Wars

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Thu Jan 3 11:26:28 AEST 1991

bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

>Larry, what kind of video hardware are you using to provide adequate
>performance in X?  I don't use X much myself, because this little Multisync
>II (14") and ATI VGA Wonder (only supported to 640*480 in Esix X) just don't
>cut it -- too small and too slow on re-draw.

I have an ATI VGA wonder with 512K - and Interactive X supports
800*600 on my NEC 3D.i

>What made you decide to start offering shell access, Larry?  A while back
>you mentioned that you were concerned about the potential security risk
>here.

I would like to offer shell accounts - so folks can use nn (and trn
if I get it installed) - but I haven't had the time to "secure" the
system - maybe sometime in the near future I will have time to make
the system secure --

  {..!uunet!mailrus!iuvax!ndcheg!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)