internal Telebit, SCO Unix 3.2, 80 bytes/sec???

Andrew Wheadon andrew at acwbust.incom.de
Sat Jan 5 19:31:35 AEST 1991

In article <24558 at dime.cs.umass.edu> williams at cs.umass.edu writes:
>I just installed an internal Trailblazer Plus in my 486/25 clone running SCO
>
>I am calling SCO's sosco system for testing and the Systems entry is
>set to use the dialTBIT dialer with the speed set at 19200.  uutry
>reports CONNECT FAST, but the xferstats shows that I'm only getting
>76 bytes per second on large transfers!

You should be getting CONNECT FAST/UUCP if you want to have high transfer-
rates with uucp. See the dictionary in comp.dcom.modems on "spoofing"
Have you set S111=30 ? If yes then have SCO set S111=30 or S111=255
needed to get a uucp-g-protokoll-spoofing connection.

>What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to use the FAS driver instead of
>SCO's?
I do not know how well SCO's driver works but if you start getting
errors (Which will be between Computer and Modem as the PEP connection
between Modem and Modem seems error-free to the software. Then you
should switch to a FAS driver.
> Do I need to initialize the modem (dialTBIT -z?) at powerup
>since it has no non-volatile ram?
Are you sure about this ? Is there no AT&W1 or AT&W2 command to save
your configuration ?

>Thanks for any help!
>Leo      c/o williams at cs.umass.edu     leo at aai.com

Hope it was some help and you hadn't already checked all these things
Bye Andrew            andrew at acwbust.incom.de