Whats the difference between Adaptecs...

Fred Miller fmiller at dobie.UUCP
Mon Jan 7 13:52:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan5.045321.1799 at sp90.uucp>, sanand at sp90.uucp writes:
> > 	Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Adaptec's 1542A and
> > 1542B SCSI controllers is?  I am planning on using one of them in an ACMA
> > 386/20 system with a Maxtor SCSI drive.  I have heard of problems with the
> > bus.

The "A" & "B" designations are revisions...the latest being the "B" revision,
and soon a "C" version.  I don't know the specifics in the differences.  I
have the 1542B installed and have had NO problems!

							Fred