SCO Unix vs OpenDesktop

Michael P. Deignan mpd at anomaly.sbs.com
Sat Jan 19 11:06:42 AEST 1991

cheng at ee.rochester.edu (Bruce Cheng) writes:

>Open Desktop come with 2 user version. It has a server upgrade ~$1000 and
>software development upgrade ~$1000 (I don't recall the figures too well).

The server upgrade and development system are both priced at ~$1.5k apiece.

>So you can really start with Open desktop as a personal unix station and
>upgrade it to a full blown server.

However, I would wait until the next version of ODT is released before getting
into it heavily. It doesn't have the "latest" SCO UNIX as its basis.

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Sex is hereditary. If your
--  Domain: mpd at anomaly.sbs.com            /  parents never had it, chances