Roell's X11R4 server and PVGA1A

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Thu Jan 24 12:31:29 AEST 1991

In article <6719 at tuminfo1.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Thomas Roell) writes:
>TMS 340[12]0 / 8514:
>
>Yeah that would be the right thing !!! I assume that prices for a 8514 will
>drop below $300 within ONE YEAR. Therefor I strongly like to support the 8514.
>I have contact to a person who tries to get me a 8514 as inexpensive as
>possible. A $500 price would be payable for me.

er.. I (a couple days ago) saw an 8514 server on (I think) expo.lcs.mit.edu.
The README claimed that IBM was making this server publicly available
out of the goodness of their hearts.

Does this save you any time?? ;-)

(Note: I think it wasn't for SysV since AIX was mentioned ...)
--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david at twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david at ms.uky.edu>