Esix passwd expiration

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Mon Jan 14 19:22:55 AEST 1991

larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

>protofan at motcid.UUCP (Mike S. Protofanousis) writes:
>>How do I disable password expiration for Esix?

>With ISC - that is set with the PASSREQ flag in /etc/default/login
>PASSREQ=NO

I don't believe that this is what mike p. wanted.  According to the manual
[login(1)], "When PASSREQ is set to YES, [] users will be required to have a
password."

The way i do this is to use, as root, the command "passwd -x -1 name", where
"name" is the user's login name.  See TFM entry: passwd(1)
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG - MNFHA, NCS - UMN Women's Lax, MWD
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need