SMD Drive & AT&T SysV/386

Michael Faurot mfaurot at irscscm.UUCP
Tue Jan 15 05:01:27 AEST 1991

I've got a 500M SMD drive I'd like to press into service with a machine
running AT&T's System V/386 r3.2.1.  The machine already has the 500M
drive connected to it, but the only drivers available with the
controller that it came with support MS-DOS.  What I'd like to do is
locate a vendor that can supply a SMD controller for a ISA bus PC
that includes drivers for both AT&T System V/386 and MS-DOS.

I'd heard of one vendor called Interphase located in Dallas that makes
a SMD controller for PCs, but unfortunately their controller only
comes with drivers for MS-DOS and some of the network operating systems
such as Novell.

If you know of a vendor that might be able to help please reply only
by e-mail to mfaurot at bogart.UUCP.