CPIO, RFS, & Crontab ??

Henk Dekker henkd at idca.tds.philips.nl
Thu Jan 31 19:11:59 AEST 1991

In article <3813 at wb3ffv.ampr.org> howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org ( WB3FFV) writes:

>   Hello Everybody,
>
>I was just asked a question earlier today that I tought was worth bringing
>to the net.  I have a customer that is using RFS under AT&T V/386 Release
>3.2.2 with the new StarGroup LanManager server package to link several
>machines together.  The machines seem to work fine untill you try and
>cpio somthing across the RFS mounted file systems, and then bang, one of
>the servers will panic.  As long as they don't use cpio over RFS all is
>OK, and if they do use cpio it will die everytime with no questions asked.
The only problem I found when using RFS of AT&T V/386 Release 3.2.2 was
that the system paniced when a remote streams file was accessed. This
occured to me when I had remote mounted /usr from the server and then tried
to copy that filesystem to my local filesystem. It paniced when the file
/usr/nserve/nspip was accessed.

Sometimes the server panics immediately, sometimes a while after.

--
#  Henk Dekker                          Internet henkd at idca.tds.philips.nl #
#  Philips IS, Dept BP/PLG-i                                               #