386BSD

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Fri Jan 4 11:25:11 AEST 1991

RREED at ucf1vm.cc.ucf.edu writes:
> Does anyone have information on this port?  I scanned the DDJ article (1/91)
> and at the end it said that the port was done at the University of CA...

Essentially, yes.  Bill Jolitz is the primary person responsible for the
work.  He had a demo version at USENIX Anaheim (last June).

>...I have heard rumors that it is available via ftp somewhere...

No, at least not in its entirety.  BSD remains, as it has for quite a
while, still subject to AT&T licensing.  There are pieces of it which have
been freed, but not the whole thing.  (They're working on it.)
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...Mr. Natural says, "Use the right tool for the job."