X error 32: Broken Pipe on ISC2.2

Bruce M Ong DeadHead at cup.portal.com
Sat Jan 26 09:59:34 AEST 1991

I am getting the above errors when I try to pop up a big window on
an ISC 2.2 running ISC X1.2 and ISC motif 1.0. It's 32 (EPIPE),
it says it is probably caused by a remote kill client or something, but
I am running in a local mode (server is unix:0.0), although tcp/ip is
running on the box.

The system is pretty loaded (~50 processes), I could see the disk swap
heavily when I pop up windows. I dont think it is in my x client that
pops up the big window (althought this error only occurs when I pop this
window up) because of the nature of the error message.

The system is a 25MHz 386, 8 Mb memory, the x server is the standard
XHrc.

Any ways, the error message is as follows:

XIO: Fatal IO error 32 on X server "unix:0.0":Broken Pipe
After nnnn requests (xxxx known processed) with xx events remaining.
The connection was probably broken by a server shutdown or KillClient.

Any ideas?

thanks
/bruce
deadhead at cup.portal.com