Can't run clients under (Roell's) X11R4 for ISC

Mark W. Snitily mark at zok.UUCP
Mon Jan 14 23:12:31 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan12.061432.27366 at portia.Stanford.EDU> fangchin at elaine30.stanford.edu (Chin Fang) writes:
>According to the latest FAQ of comp.windows.x, the xclock has bug which
>prevents it from function properly in X11R4 environment (but you can run
>it in X11R3).  It has been fixed and a new src has been posted laterly.
>Check that FAQ for more details.

Did you mean "xlock" or "xclock" ?  The FAQ mentions the problem and
recent reposting of "xlock", but I found no reference to "xclock" in the
FAQ posted on 31-Dec-90.  Is there a newer FAQ, or did we accidentally
drop/insert a character?

-- Mark

Mark W. Snitily                 Consulting Services:
894 Brookgrove Lane             Graphics, Operating Systems, Compilers
Cupertino, CA 95014             (408) 252-0456
mark at zok.uucp                   West Coast UUCP X11 archive site

If your mailer doesn't like the .uucp domain, these also work:
...!{mips,sgi}!zok!mark, mark%zok at mips.com, mark%zok at sgi.com

For an interesting symmetry, compare the 1661 and 1991 calendars.