ULIMIT and ISC 2.2

Henk Dijkstra henk at hgatenl.hobby.nl
Thu Jan 10 13:53:12 AEST 1991

I'm trying to create large data log file on my ISC system trough
nfs on an other ISC system with a large disk >700 mB.
However I cannot create files bigger than about 6 mB (although
on both systems the kernel var ulimit and /etc/default/login
have been set to 65535. Is there a network config parameter to be set
to allow for bigger files? Or is it just not possible?

I also run into a problem that I can't create more than 1,000
subdirectories in a directory is this a standard Unix limitation or just
a ISC implementation limit? (Please don't tell me I should not do it!)

Henk Dijkstra
Henk Dijkstra				|| domain: henk at hgatenl.hobby.nl
Hobbynet User Group, Netherlands.	|| Tel: (+31) 3240-61683 (Voice)