Roell's X server and Logitech Bus mouse.

Mark W. Snitily mark at zok.UUCP
Thu Jan 10 19:37:02 AEST 1991

In article <Jan.8.09.50.06.1991.16229 at presto.ig.com> dow at presto.ig.com (Christopher Dow) writes:

>	Is anyone working on a Logitech Bus Mouse driver for Roell's X
>server.  The README file says it doesn't support it.
>
>	Thanks.
>
>Chris Dow                             IntelliGenetics
>Software Engineer                     700 East El Camino Real
>icbmnet: 37 22' 39" N, 122 3' 32" W   Mountain View, Ca. 94040
>dow at presto.ig.com                     (415) 962-7320

The ISC Logitech Bus Mouse works fine.  Simply define the mouse with
the following line in the .../mit/src/ddx/at386/config/Xconfig file
(or your {/usr,/usr/local}/lib/X11/config/X386/Xconfig file):

   BusMouse     "/dev/logi"

If you really want a logitech bus mouse driver, I wrote one for ISC 2.x
a long time ago (before ISC included one in their distribution).  Haven't
used it in a long time (since the ISC version works ok.)  BTW, my version
supported VP/ix too.  If you really want a source version, email me a
note.  Or, if I receive more than, let's say, 5 requests, I'll post it
to alt.sources.

Cheers.

-- Mark

Mark W. Snitily                 Consulting Services:
894 Brookgrove Lane             Graphics, Operating Systems, Compilers
Cupertino, CA 95014             (408) 252-0456
mark at zok.uucp                   West Coast UUCP X11 archive site

If your mailer doesn't like the .uucp domain, these also work:
...!{mips,sgi}!zok!mark, mark%zok at mips.com, mark%zok at sgi.com

For an interesting symmetry, compare the 1661 and 1991 calendars.