Error building emacs on Esix...

Rock Kent rock at rancho.uucp
Fri Jan 11 16:18:24 AEST 1991

On 9 Jan 91 23:43:12 GMT, dow at presto.ig.com (Christopher Dow) said:
Christopher> 	I get the following from the emacs build procedure on Eix
Christopher> (Unix SysVR3.2 on 386):
Christopher>         ./temacs -batch -l inc-vers
Christopher> Loading inc-vers...
Christopher> Opening input file: no such file or directory, /../lisp/version.el

Smile, it could be a LOT worse.  :-)

Christopher> 	Although I have the LIBDIR variable in the makefile set to be
Christopher> /usr2/local/emacs.

The relative locations of the lisp, etc, and other directories are
coded into the ymakefile and, as a result, into the xmakefile.  If
you've created a different directory structure, you need to update
those references as well as paths.h.  You might also want to review
the contents of ../lisp/paths.el to make sure it also is consistent
with your system layout.