Lan Manager/X

Jim O'Connor jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Tue Jan 29 04:13:07 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan27.220253.24498 at actrix.gen.nz>, paul at actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
> > 386 machine as an LM/X server, also.  Is there an LM/X server product
> > available for either of these systems, and who supplies it?
>
> Would you believe --- Hewlett Packard!!!!  Strange but true.  Nice
> products, pity about their marketing.  Your SR must have really
> screwed up in not trying to sell it to you for 386 platforms too.

In defense of our SR, she probably didn't know I was thinking about LM/X
for 386 Unix.  However, someone at HP is probably at fault for why I didn't
ask her ealier, i.e. there was no mention of LM/X for 386 Unix in any of
the HP literature (price lists, product lists, magazines, etc) I've seen in the
past 6 months.  Therefore, I just assumed they didn't have it.

Oh well, I guess this just goes to show - you'll never know if you don't ask.

Thanks for the info.

--jim

P.S.  I've received several requests for opinions on LM/X on the HP 9000.  We
will be using it more extensively over the next few weeks, so at that time,
I'll post an article with any opinions/information that I have.
James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		615/821-4022 x. 651