Unix/Novell interface

Petri Alhola petri at digiw.UUCP
Tue Jan 15 01:43:10 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan10.211307.17197 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>petri at digiw.UUCP (Petri Alhola) writes:
>
>> There is product called INTERACTIVE Ported NetWare, it is NetWare 3.0
>> that runs top of interactive UNIX. I heve been running it about one month.
>
>and how does it run?  How does it compare to Novell 386?
>
>--
>   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0282 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
>                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator
>  {larry at nstar.rn.com, ..!uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}

 I have been happy with it. It has been relatively good quality as new
 product ( first release ), there has been some minor broblems with it.
 It comes with shgen 2.15 , and you need to have shgen 3.0 for windows 3.0.
 The NetWare server itshelf is netware 3.0 . In performange
 it is slower than native NetWare 3.0 server, becouse UNIX version
 is just one UNIX process, and there is large number of other processes
 runnixng in UNIX system. I have heared that performange is about same
 than netware 2.15 .

 Petri Alhola
 petri at digiw.fi