why doesnt vi resize itself in xterm and other weirdness

Martin J. Schedlbauer mschedlb at hawk.ulowell.edu
Sun Jan 13 07:38:10 AEST 1991

In article <37871 at cup.portal.com> DeadHead at cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:
>Hi -
>	I am playing around with a big monitor (corner stone) on the
>ISC2.2 unix. The resolution is 1600x1024 or something. I have a vi
>running in an xterm, but when I resize the xterm and restart vi,
>it will not chanage its window size according to the size of xterm. My

Unfortunately I'm not a termcap hacker so I can'te tell you how to write
a fixed termcap. However, I have the same problem under Esix and I can
"fix" it by setting the environment variables COLUMNS and LINES to the
sizes after you resize your xterm.

	...Martin

Martin Schedlbauer				(mschedlb at ulowell.edu)
Institute for Visualization and Perception Research
Department of Computer Science
University of Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854		(Tel: (508) 934-3612)